We have all been going through different changes lately such as working remotely from home, going to “zoom university”, performing at-home workouts, etc. Most of us will reach a point where we run out of things that we can do. I have created a few lists below that apply to certain situations that most of us are facing now.
“I wish I could grab lunch with my friends tomorrow.” Does that sound like something you have said lately? Here are some things you can do with your friends from your room:
- FaceTime brunch: order takeout from your favorite brunch place, get dolled up, and hop on a group FaceTime with your gals for some delicious brunch!
- Self-Care Day: plan a group FaceTime with your gals and organize a list of things you can all do remotely together. You can do make some homemade facemasks, do some yoga/meditation, do your own nails, bake some cookies from your individual kitchens, or plan a future trip!
“I miss going to the gym. I am working out from home, but it just doesn’t feel the same. I miss my personal trainer who guides me throughout my workout.” Not a problem, here are some solutions:
- Virtual PT Session: Schedule a FaceTime with your PT to keep up those gains. We don’t want to walk out of quarantine losing all those toned muscles!
- At-Home Gym: create a personal space at home dedicated to your workout such as avoiding any clutter, organize your weights if you have any, roll out your yoga mat, add some rolled towels (that way they are ready for you when you hit that sweaty portion of your workout).
“I miss the office.” “I miss going to class.” Here are a few things you can do to prevent having these thoughts:
- Getting Ready: start off your day with a self-care routine and put on a comfortable outfit. Don’t stay in your PJs!
- Organized workspace: find a clean area such as a coffee table or desk to do all your work at. Don’t do everything in your bed!
“I am officially bored and I am beginning to sleep in to avoid the boredom”. Here are a few things you can do to let the time pass by. The list is endless, but below is a list of 20 things you can start doing now.
- Practice your make-up skills
- Make a DIY journal/planner
- Do your nails
- Tie-Dye a shirt
- Read a new book
- Make a plan for post-grad (if you are a graduating senior)
- Do a workout tutorial off of YouTube
- Start your own YouTube channel
- Train your pet
- Plan a future trip
- Organize your home/room/kitchen
- Look for a job
- Clean up your emails
- Make a pile of things to donate
- Make a TikTok
- Try a new recipe
- Explore a detox idea
- Start a blog
- Make your own Face Mask
- Have a movie night with the family
30 DAY QUARANTINE AB CHALLENGE
Have you heard of the 30 DAY QUARANTINE AB CHALLENGE? If not, it’s not too late to join! This challenge began 13 days ago, but once again, it is not too late to join! The way the challenge works is you first begin by taking a before picture of your abs. At the end of the challenge, you will take an after picture to see if there are any results. Every morning @kas_active Instagram posts 5 different ab exercises, performing a demo of each exercise, as well as explaining how many reps and sets each exercise should be performed for.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are the results guaranteed? No, but you will definitely feel your core become stronger.
Has anyone seen results yet, considering it has been 13 days? Yes, 100%. It is only day 13 and many fans are definitely seeing their abs gain definition and strength.
Do I have have to perform these exercises at a certain time? No, it is totally up to. You can perform these exercises at the beginning of your day, after/before a daily run, or at the end of the day before going to bed.
What if the exercise is too difficult? Not a problem. Let’s say a certain exercises states to perform a 1-minute plank. You can modify it by splitting it up into 2 sets, each 30 seconds long!
Any questions? Comment below!